a household item(s) for cold air induction (floorvents)

From: David Thede (tnadoman@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 25 1998 - 16:08:44 EDT

This came to me while chasing thunderstorms last night. How about using
a floor vent (rectangular) to fit over half (or so) of the air cleaner
(picture mikes jiffy pop). then take the tubing and connect it to the
end of the floor vent (similar to the tubing that connects your floor
vent). the advantage is that their are many sizes of floor vents...you
can get a wide selection at a hardware store...and their inexpensive.

It may be possible to attach a floor vent to both sides of the air
cleaner and run dual intake ducts.

Take a look (remove a floor vent in your house or apartment) and see if
it has possibilities. Its just a thought...but it may work. I believe
these are made from galvanized steel and should have no problem standing
up to heat.

Any thoughts, any disadvantages?

Part of the research and development team.

Dave
'97 Dakota Sport CC V8/5-spd 4x4
K&N FIPK clone
Gibson dual cat-back