Re: Birdies

From: rbt@frontiernet.net
Date: Thu Jun 25 1998 - 20:32:22 EDT

> From: "W . Jack Hilton III" <hemi@mindspring.com>
> Subject: Re: DML: Birdies

> I have seen the Cardinals do the same thing here Mike !
>
> We have this one Cardinal that comes EVERY year religiously for the past 5
> years or so . He just sits on a branch near my Dad's window and about every
> 15 seconds or so he flys up , pecks the window , and then flys back to the
> branch . Does it for about two months and then he dissappears until the
> next year .

Exactly the same scenario at my house for the past 3 years! Mr.
cardinal returns to the same window every year to do battle with his
reflection. Same technique: window-branch-window-branch, etc.

I kinda figured he is "the lonely guy" who continues not to score so
he does the window bit each year instead.

While it's entertaining to watch in the evening, it's a real pain to
be woken up by the pecking on the glass.

As Spock would say: "Fascinating!" ;-)

ODC (Obligatory Dak Content): I don't leave the Dak out at night
'cause the early morning strafing runs get intense in my driveway.
I'm starting to believe there IS a conspiracy like in Hithcock's "the
Birds" centered around deficating on humans prized vehicles. The more
you like your car/truck, the more like it is to be a target! ;-)

-BobT. '98 CC Sport+ 4X4 V8 3.55 5sp 4WABS