Re: dakota no performance

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Mon Jun 29 1998 - 09:58:59 EDT

<< This truck is real dog!!! The engine stops pulling at around 4700 rpm
 and will hardly make it to the rev limiter, the truck has gotten better
 with each modification but still falls way short on performance. My 96
 dodge ram with a 360 will out run this thing very easy.
 Will the MP performance computer take care of the low rpm red line
 Vincent Heckathorn >>

If you want the engine to rev higher, you're going to have to change the cam.
It is a long process, and if you don't do it yourself, a mechanic will
probably charge ~10 hours labor.

The MP computer (which isn't out yet for the 96+ trucks) is supposed to raise
the rev limiter to 6200 rpm, but I don't think you'll get any extended rpm
range out of the computer alone.

If you don't do much highway driving, a set of 4.10 gears should compliment
your motors low end powerband nicely. :) A call to Summit should take care of
this..

There are other options... it all costs money... how fast do you wanna spend
it ??

ttyl
patrick