Re: Spank (Dakota wheels)

From: W . Jack Hilton III (hemi@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Jun 30 1998 - 19:59:18 EDT

How many manufacturers are making aftermarket wheels for the Viper ? The
reason that Dak wheels are hard to find is economics . They feel that the
potential market for the wheels is very VERY low compared to a wheel that
uses something like a 5x4.5 .

You really think they are gonna spend the development money to make Viper
wheels ?

Think about the sizes of Viper wheels and the offset too .

At 04:48 PM 6/30/98 +0000, you wrote:
>> Very few people make rims for the Dakota with the 6x4.5 pattern . They used
>> to have a more normal 5 bolt pattern , but it was changed to the current
>> 6x4.5 in '89 or '90 I believe .
>>
>> The rims are very hard to find if you are picky because the Dakota is the
>> ONLY vehicle that uses this pattern .
>
>Bzzzt!! Doesn't the Viper use this bolt pattern?
>
>> I know Centerline makes some nice wheels for it , but I am sure that there
>> are others .
>
>-Scott

W . Jack Hilton III

HEMI@mindspring.com