Custom seats!!

From: N2mopars@aol.com
Date: Tue Jun 30 1998 - 23:23:34 EDT

looking for a rear end for his sisters Diplomat. Anyways, I come across this
83 Dodge Daytona Turbo. Car has bucket seats with covers on them. I was
curious, so I pulled the covers off and found some immaculate original seats.
They are all black velour, with a black and grey checkerboard pattern down the
middle. Fully reclining, with adjustable lumbar and thigh support I start
looking at the mounting system, and lo and behold, its the same as my 96
Dakota! The seats cost $20 each!! I figure, hell for $40 I can afford to
take em home, incase they do fit. Tonight I attempted to mount them. All the
holes are already in my floor. I yanked out the stock bench seat and stuck in
one of the buckets. Perfect fit, but sat too low on the outer edges. Some
quick measurements and found that if I used the seat tracks from the bench
seat on the outer (door edge) of each seat, they sit almost level!!! And the
seat tracks bolted right on. You need to use the left bench seat track on the
left of the drivers seat. Use the right bench seat track on the right of the
passenger seat. Most important, you need to use the DRIVERS bucket left seat
track on the left of the PASSENGER bucket. This way it will slide front to
back. Now all I have to do is either make 1/2" spacers for the door edge of
the seats were they bolt to the tracks, or buy stock Dakota bucket seat inner
tracks. Those are around $100 for the pair. They will also make the seat sit
a little lower, as opposed to the spacer making it higher. You also need two
speed nuts to go into the inner front holes of the floor for bolts. I havent
figured out what to do about the inner rear mounts. I think a bolt from under
the truck, through the stock hole will do. Sorry for the long post.

Brad