brake problem

From: Dkota4by4@aol.com
Date: Fri Jul 03 1998 - 14:33:33 EDT

The brakes on my 97 4X4 318 CC started squealing like a banshee about 2 weeks
ago. Well, since this is a long weekend l decided l would go ahead and
replace the pade even though it seemed VERY premature (20,000 miles on the
truck). Well, l took off every tire and checked and all the pads have atleast
3/8 - 1/2 inch of pad left on them. There is hardly any wear at all. So now,
l ask the experts...what could make my brakes start squealing so bad all of a
sudden. Very little wear on the pads, rotors/drums show no wear, and when l
turned the rotors, there was no drag or catching. Any ideas? Thanks for the
help in advance.

Russ