Re: Cam in 88 dakota

From: Boog318@aol.com
Date: Sun Jul 05 1998 - 09:35:18 EDT

This is a good idea I was gonna do this with my 87 before I totaled it :( I
went to a 4x4 shop and got some quotes. You can get a "step above stock" cam.
that gives you about 20-30 more hp and more torque with a decent idle. "Two
steps above stock" gives a meaner idle, but you may not want to do this unless
you have a fresh or recently rebuilt engine. Dodge quoted me about $130.00
for either cam and lifter set. You might also think about getting a 390 cfm
4bbl and intake. but this is mucho work since you have TBI. Have fun!