Re: Re: Factory Paint

From: Hoopgj@aol.com
Date: Sun Jul 05 1998 - 12:41:12 EDT

In a message dated 7/5/98 8:26:57 AM Central Daylight Time, Boog318@aol.com
writes:

<< I have metallic gray code PS7 (KS7) I cant even find touch-up paint in
that
 color. The guy who previously owned my Dak used the paint warranty already.
 He had the hood and the top of the cab done. Its only peeling on the
 bed...for now. What do you think about Maaco paint jobs? Thats all I can
 afford right now. >>

When it comes to painting, it is all in how the prep is done, and how well the
guy can shoot. Keep in mind that Macco is a chain store, and it varys from
owner to owner on the quality of the paint. I have a cousin in New York that
runs his own body shop and paint shop (or at least he did) and he did
excellent work. He shot a chevy suburban in flip flop paint (which is supposed
to be the hardest to shoot next to epoxy paint) and it looked so freakin good.
If you are near NY, and ya want, I can give him a call and see if he is still
pounding and shooting. Lately he has got a dealer permit to fix rebuilders
and sell them, so I think he is still doing it.
George