Re: Check engine light on

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Sun Jul 05 1998 - 23:35:45 EDT

At 12:50 PM 7/5/98 -0400, you wrote:
>In a message dated 7/5/98 8:41:14 AM Central Daylight Time, Rekker21@aol.com
>writes:
>
><< Collin, you should here a slight hissing noise now, thats the sound of
>power
> at birth. I think your going to like what you did, the only problem is that
> your gonna want more!! >>
>
>Tell me about it. I have been sinking cash into my money pit and am starting
>to get really frustrated. The computer doesnt seem to have done a damn thing.
>Now granted it was 102 deg and 70% humidity last nite, but even after the sun
>went down (85deg and 68% hum.) I still cant get below 15.4!!!!!!!
>My numbers yesterday started at 15.9@87.5mph. the best of 7 runs was
>15.45@87.7mph. My best run before the comp was 15.4@88.44. The conditions
>were much better then 75 deg (dont remember the hum.)
>Can somone out there tell me how I can run the same speed on the same nite,
>but with a .5 et difference?
>Getting frustrated, and thinking of burning up my credit for a vortech George

   I'm definitely no expert, but I *think* different E/T's with the
same speed is an indication of what happened at the low end of the
track. Our trucks have the aerodynamics of a brick, so once you start
moving fast, they don't accellerate as hard. Say for example that your
tires spin for 30 feet and you cross the line at 88mph. If, on the next
run your tires hook within 5-10 feet, you will still probably cross the
line very close to 88mph, even though your E/T might be much less than
before. You will probably have to add quite a bit of power (and/or
increase

  Aerodynamics plays a big role here. After one of my mods (I forget
which now (tonneau maybe?)) my MPH went down even though my E/T went up.

                                               -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT CC (14.98@90.18), '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |