AAR fiberglass hood

From: W. Jack Hilton III (hemi@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Jul 06 1998 - 15:54:50 EDT

Just got a pamphlet from AAR in Cocoa , FL with some pics of the hoods they
have .

For the '97-'98 Daks , they have a Ram Air and a cowl hood . The wierd
thing about the ram air hood is that to make it functional (the airbox will
be available for the hood within a month) the airbox they'll use routes the
fresh air to the FACTORY air box and NOT an open element . Sounds wierd ,
but maybe it would work very well with a K&N filter in the factory box .

He said that they'll be testing the gains with that air box in a few weeks
and I told him I would check back with him .

For some of you guys that have the '91 thru '96 Daks , he has a very nice
looking hood for those . It's called the "R/T" hood and it has replicas of
the original R/T slots in the hood just like the R/T Challengers . Really
looks good . anyway , the guy says he doesn't ever take a shebby scoop and
put it on a Dodge hood , or a Dodge scoop and put it on a Ferd...so I
thought that was kinda neat .

I like this guys Ram Air hood , but I'm not sure about that routing it to
the factory air box thing .

I REALLY like the new East Coast Customs hood , but they don't offer an
airbox for it .

If I wanted to , how hard would it be to make a box for it ?

For you guys that have Ram Air hoods with open elements , do you ever get
alot of water from like rain sucked into the thing , or should I even worry
about that ?

Just passin' time punchin some keys at work.......

Jack Hilton

Black '98 R/T Club Cab

http://www.mindspring.com/~hemi/jbd1.html