Steel cowl hood for 97+

From: Bob Mankin (bob@cadpros.com)
Date: Tue Jul 07 1998 - 17:28:28 EDT

Just got off the phone with the company building the steel cowl hoods
for the 97+ DAKs. He tells me it should be about a month before they hit
the market. Company name is Reflexxion in Memphis, TN. (800)565-8424.

There's an article on the install of one on a Chevy in this month's
Truckin' mag. The article indicates it was patterned after the 67-9 Z28
hood and from the closeups that appears to be the case(better radius
bends than I've seen on some cowls). Not sure if I like the slots in the
rear opening though. In the same issue AIM Industries lists one in their
ad for $429, but they obviously don't have them in stock yet. And no,
this hood won't allow a functional airbox arrangement, judging by the
pics of the underhood bracing.

Bob