Upgraded bulbs on 97+ Daks

From: bgbeaird@neosoft.com
Date: Wed Jul 08 1998 - 17:29:41 EDT

>At 10:35 AM 7/7/98 , you wrote:
>
>>Does anyone know where upgraded wattage headlight bulbs are available?
>>What wattages and are there upgraded brake light bulbs available? I'm
>>asking this because I put blacked out headlight and tail light covers on
>>and they aren't as bright now.
>
>I know that JC Whitney has halogen (brighter) back-up bulbs available. If
>I'm not mistaken, they also have halogen brake lights (I don't have my
>catalogue handy so I'm not 100% sure). Not sure about brighter headlight
>bulbs. Visit their web site and/or get a catalogue from them.

Most domestic cars and trucks come with 55/80 watt low/high beam bulbs.
There are aftermarket manufacturers that make 60/100 and 80/100 watt
bulbs. I believe JC Whitney is one such marketer of those bulbs. 80/100s
work VERY well on my '95 Impala SS. I plan on installing them on my 98
R/T.

Gene Beaird
98 Flame Red CC R/T