Re: Re: more stupid questions

From: Vincent Heckathorn (victorylane@iwaynet.net)
Date: Sun Jul 05 1998 - 04:19:11 EDT

--------------780049CAD8A6CCF412213ABC

I understand what you are saying, but today's engines aren't the same as old,
The ring and bearing materials are quite a bit better than in years gone by. I
have had quite a few new fast cars/trucks and never have had any engine
problems.
I run routine oil analysis at every change and only use the best synthetics
(engine and rear end ) and of course that Is MOBIL 1 . If you are going to run
an engine hard It Is better to break It In the way that you are going to be
driving it, but I don't mean to go out their and abuse the hell out of . I do
believe that the hesitation that I was talking about is caused by the push rods
flexing a little. I guess I will see soon enough when it gets a few more miles
on it. Buy the way this thing is running better
with each mile that it gets.
Got to go

Sam Parthemer wrote:

> [...]

<HTML>
I understand what you are saying, but today's engines aren't the same as
old, The ring and bearing materials are quite a bit better than in years
gone by. I have had quite a few new fast cars/trucks and never have had
any engine problems.
I run routine oil analysis at every change and only use the best
synthetics (engine and rear end ) and of course that Is <B><I><U>MOBIL
1</U></I></B> . If you are going to run an engine hard It Is better to

<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>-----Original Message-----
>#2 has anyone experienced a stumble and hesitation at around 4700
rpm
>and then start to pull to about 51-5300??? this truck has done this
from
>day one.
*snip*
>with 2500 miles on it

2500 miles on it, and you're pushing 5000+ rpm.. C'mon.. You are asking
for trouble. My '95 has no problem with 5200 rpm runs,
but then again, I
didn't push it above 4 grand until after 7500 miles of varied rpm/mph...

Don't be too surprise when you need a rebuild around 50k miles... Not
ay the stumble or hesitation is break in related, but you may be getting
bit of valve float, as the engine is still very tight.

I did a very lengthy break in on my 5.2, and now after 91000 miles I
burn
ZERO quarts of oil (over 5000 miles), and have had zero engine related
problems, and turn in a respectable 15.2, 92 mph. This
is with a Club Cab
if that matters to anyone. The 15.2 and 92 mph are my new best
times as
of June... Better conditions, 1/8th tank of gas, made quite a
difference...
Not to mention I had some good coaching on launch technique.

Sam '95 SLT
15.2, 92 mph...
Truck weight approx 4500# with me in it. :)</BLOCKQUOTE>
 </HTML>

--------------780049CAD8A6CCF412213ABC--