Re: Finally raced an R/T

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Fri Jul 10 1998 - 12:09:31 EDT

<<
 ET is 16.1 @ 91 mph according to my G-tech. Maybe it's because I'm used to
 5.0 Mustangs (is that word forbidden on this list) with 5-speeds but it's
 nothing to brag about.

 My major complaint is the auto trans which is a slush box in my opinion.
 It's does not match gear selection with road speed very well. Even my wife's
 Honda auto trans would down shift when slowing. I often find the engine
 laboring to get back up to speed ( at ~1500rpm) after slowing. I would have
 to really punch the gas for it to down shift and that would take a couple
 seconds. >>
Alan, a shift kit would help a lot Im sure. Jules has them I believe. Also,
this guy in a Trans Am convertable asked me last night why they were so slow.
I told him there bone stock, give it about a month when these R/T guys start
doin TB's, headers, K&N's etc and then race one!! Like we said, Ma (V)opar
isnt going to give you a built truck!! She just gives you enough rope to let
you start the lynch for a Mustang and you have to take it from there!!
Eric