Re: DML Sticker was: Re: Finally raced an R/T

From: W. Jack Hilton III (hemi@mindspring.com)
Date: Fri Jul 10 1998 - 16:39:19 EDT

When someone refers to a "Domain" or a "Domain name" , that is the name
that you actually look up on the net . For instance , here is one where
the "domain name" or "domain" is Dakota-Truck.net :
http://www.Dakota-Truck.net

Another example is your e-mail address .

My e-mail address is hemi@mindspring.com

In this e-mail address , the domain is the mindspring.com part .

The reason that people are saying you have to pay for and register a domain
, is that it's just like when you want a vanity plate for your truck . You
can have a normal one that no-one will remember for next to nothing , but
if you want a plate that you can make say what you want , you have to pay
extra .

I know it's kinda confusing , but if you play around on the net enough ,
you'll figure it all out .

If you need any questions answered , I'll try and help if I can , but I
don't know everything .

Hope this helps !