Re: injector balancing, attn Jules?

From: Bob Mankin (bob@cadpros.com)
Date: Fri Jul 10 1998 - 20:46:58 EDT

Rhyner, Mark wrote:

> W. Jack Hilton III writes:
>
> Oh , guess I forgot to let you guys know what the price of gas is here
> today.....$0.82 per gallon for reg. unleaded .
> ----------------------
>
> Jack, you suck! <grin> Only kidding.
>
> Hell, it's a 21 cent difference just between here (Sierra Vista) and
> Tucson. Now that really sucks. I don't buy off on the dealer's
> assertion of transport costs. They're just gouging because they can.
> And all stations have the same price. If other stores or businesses did
> the same thing the DoJ would be on them like stink on sh*t.

Around the San Francisco Bay Area(highest prices in the country, BTW),
they claim the reason is the cost of property to put up a service
station. Yeah, that might fly if they built very many new ones(which
they don't), and hadn't bought these properties years ago when prices
were reasonable(which they did). They used to use the transportation
cost excuse here as well. But then that doesn't explain why mid-grade
fuel costs over $1.40/gal. literally within eyesight of the refineries
here. Transport costs to some mid-country state are certainly higher,
yet prices at the pump are lower.

The oil companies have us by the balls, plain and simple. They can and
will charge right up to the level of people bitching *too* much and
they'll back it off a notch. Of course you'd never get effort on the
part of any politician to investigate this total sham. Noooo, he or she
would get run out of town immediately without so much as a bus pass.

Bob