Re: Throttle body coating???

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Fri Jul 10 1998 - 20:25:20 EDT

<< (I can't use my originals because I stripped one of 'em) :-(

    Also, I'm looking for low profile bolts myself. I'm thinking
 maybe an allen-head bolt? (Sort of like a carridge bolt head, but
 you tighten it down with an allen wrench). Probably would be easier
 than countersinking, and it wouldn't weaken up the holes in the TB
 at all. (Doesn't look like there's a whole lot of thickness for
 countersinking on a couple of those TB holes.)

Jon, I had the same problem. I did the mod for a guy at work. When I got his
to my house (he traded me) and started to pull it apart for the next mod, one
screw snapped off inside the rod, and 2 of them stripped on the way out!! So
now I gotta find the screws. When I did purchasing at this shop a while back
I got some good contacts in fastener stores. Im making some calls when I get
back from Niagra Falls monday. Ill let you all know.
Eric