Re: DML Digest V3 #995

From: droopie (droopie@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sat Jul 11 1998 - 17:12:11 EDT

Yep the trans. in these things do have a lot of overlap in the shifts, but that
can be fixed. I have a TRANSGO TFOD-HD2 in my 98 5.2 sport and after playing
with it a few times ( pulling the valve body off two or three times ) to get the
kind of shift that I wanted I am very happy with it. Boy does it make a big
difference in performance. You can make it shift very very hard in 1-2 by adding
the supplied spacer and replacing the spring in the rear servo and by doing this
it allows you to remove a check ball in the valve body. I have done everything
but that final mod. but I will be taking it back down and doing that to it soon.
The 2-3 and 3-4 shifts are great either way you go. I drilled the spacer plate
holes to the max. size ( I started small, drove it a few days then went all the
way, no regrets )
Good luck
Colin H.

How is it with all the mods except the check ball? I want to firm my 4x4 shifts up, but since I drive it 3,500 miles a month for work, I don't need neck snapping shifts at 15 mph.