Re: R/T header availability

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Mon Jul 13 1998 - 13:23:21 EDT

<< Does anyone happen to know if installing headers (Mopar or not) voids the
 warranty?
 How can you get a list of "legal" and "illegal" mods?

 Thanks!

 Seth Bradley >>

The Warranty aspect of your mods is all in your dealer's attitude, or yours.

Some dealers will try to void all warranty work if you even have a K&N filter,
or exhaust. My advice would be to get to know your service dept... if they try
to find any excuse not to work your truck, it doesn't look good. If they dive
right into it and worry about aftermarket part failure later, then you're in
the good.

A good example would be my friends dak, it had traction bars, MSD, cam, roller
rockers, wider tires, tach, shift light, exhaust, K&N FIPK, and a few other
mods..... his tranny went out at 18,000 miles.. he took it to the dealership,
and sure enough, he had a new tranny in a week.

Ask your dealership first as to what they'll agree with and what they won't,
but don't fall for the "if we do the work it won't be void" excuse.

ttyl
patrick