Re: Re: eaders for 98 R/T (Att. Bruce)

From: Bruce Bridges (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Mon Jul 13 1998 - 14:26:18 EDT

sorry to be cryptic,
The Kansas problem is 16 second quarter miles on a modified 318 magnum.
That sounds like a factory oops to me. My old 72 monaco wagon w/440 magnum
had a bad intake manifold gasket from day one. The Thing ran slow and had
power brake problems into and out of warranty. My dad nicknamed it the green
lemon. The dealer replaced the whole brake system and the exhaust but no
fix. finally at 120K miles I pulled the intake (to steal it for my charger)
and found that the last intake port was partially blocked (about60%) with a
crinkled gasket. Too bad the dealer didnt find it. My dad would have liked
the wagon a lot more than he did...
Bruce