Why a CC? [Was: RE: DML Another New Member]

From: Seth Bradley (seth.j.bradley@intel.com)
Date: Mon Jul 13 1998 - 15:23:52 EDT

> Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 12:22:39 EDT
> From: Rekker21@aol.com
> Subject: Re: DML: RE: DML Another New Member

> << Don't have a price yet though, delivery is scheduled
> for mid-August. If you want
> a "stripper" R/T, or a regular cab, it may be still possible to special
> order
> one. One tip: to increase
> the chances of it actually being built (they're supposed to be making more
> in
> '99, but production will
> still likely be limited) have your dealer place the order as a pre-sold
> vehicle. This puts you ahead of
> dealer stock orders.
> >>
> Im still not understanding why you guys get the CC. Wouldnt you rather have
> standard cab for racing? Unless your into the family truck thing why have
> all
> that extra weight? I have a stripper Dak, no power no air and no one in front
> of me!!
> well, except Patrick and the sucker club!! But Im joining that club soon
> enough!!
> Eric
>
> ------------------------------
Won't be doing any racing in my case. We're getting the truck for hauling,
towing, car trips, and occasional commuting. While the longer bed would be nice
for more payload, the short bed should be enough for our purposes. The club cab
is nice for trips, so we don't have to put luggage in the bed, and we want to
be able to have passengers from time to time, especially when carpooling
(though we use our RAV4 for that most
of the time.) Basically, our '92 Ranger was getting long in the tooth, and my
wife wanted a new Dakota. Originally we were looking at the Sport Plus, but I
kept reading about how great the R/T was, and told my wife how impressed I was.
She said so long as it'll haul and tow, why not get it? The rest is history
:-). Unlike other special sport trucks, the R/T is still fully usable as a
truck, which Dodge should be commended for.
As an aside, after I got rid of my last muscle car over 10 years ago ('68
Pontiac GTO) I decided I'd get a Mopar if I ever got another one - I especially
like the Cuda/Challengers. I doubt if I could justify to myself actually
spending the money to get a primo example, though, so the R/T is real treat - I
get a new truck and a Mopar muscle car without spending any extra money :-).

Seth