Durango R/T spotted

From: John L Rivait (magnumrt@concentric.net)
Date: Mon Jul 13 1998 - 16:28:23 EDT

Hi all,

Last Saturday night at a local Cruiser Hangout there was a prototype
Durango R/T parked amongst the hot rod cars.
I say it is a prototype/pilot because of the stickers with
JTE (Jeep Truck Engineering) and bar codes on them.
This 2WD Durango R/T had the same 17" Wheel and Tire pkg.
from the Dakota R/T as well as a fiberglass hood
with Dual Ram Air inlets in the front of the hood, it
looked great! It also had a dual tipped 2.5"
system. Colour was all Black with Grey leather.
Never talked to the driver of the Durnago R/T,
so I have no idea what plans Dodge has for
that Durango R/T.
Hopefully at least that Ram Air hood would
find its way onto the '99 Dakota R/T !

Later,
John L Rivait
'97 Ram SS/T