the mystery cat

From: W . Jack Hilton III (hemi@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Jul 13 1998 - 18:25:46 EDT

At 12:19 PM 7/13/98 EDT, you wrote:

><< F I can resolve my
> bogus catalytic converter problem with Dodge. Im really pissed off about
> having the wrong exhaust on my truck...Maybe its a collectors item (dust
> collector when I get through...) >>
>Whoa, you mean they installed the wrong exhaust on your R/T?
>eric

I was talking to someone that works at the Ford plant here in Atlanta and
he said that the way they stock parts is to have just enough on hand to
make it a couple of days so that they don't have to have a place to keep
them . From time to time they do run out of certain things and rather than
stop the whole line , they just "substitute" other things to get em out the
door . I bet the day yours was made that they ran out of the right cats or
something .
W . Jack Hilton III

HEMI@mindspring.com