Re: JBA Headers Question

From: Mike Catlin (Catlin@erols.com)
Date: Mon Jul 13 1998 - 23:33:35 EDT

Hey all,
        Was just catching up on the JBA header thread. I was under
the impression the JBA's were "shorty headers" that bolted right
to the stock down pipes. One of the biggest restriction in the stock
R/T exhaust is the down pipes and Shorty headers won't help this.
When I spoke to Leach Company (They make headers for Mopar Performance)
in May they just finished the prototype headers & cat back for the R/Ts.
The Mopar Performance Headers are long tube. The only problem is they
aren't available yet. In May he told me they were waiting on emission
certification. Once they get that they would start production after
checking for fit of the production run headers. This was back in May
and he said probably the end of the summer as far as availability. I'm
definitely interested in the JBA's if there the long tube. If anyone
knows please let me know.

Mike Catlin