Re: headers

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Tue Jul 14 1998 - 08:39:25 EDT

Jon
When I first contacted Jeff Bell at JBA he told me they offered a coated
header too but it wasn't necessary. I didn't get a price on it then as I
was still considering the Mopar Performance headers (due to the y-pipe
problem). Talking with Sean Meldrum, he recommended High Performance
coatings at www.hpcoatings.com. They told me they would coat MP
headers(or DTs) for $220 plus $60 for the new y-pipe coating.

According to HP Coatings this is the best time of the year to get work
through their plant as once the drag season is over they get real busy.

It looks like the way to go is going to be the JBAs plus a locally fabbed
non-restrictive y-pipe.

Richard in San Antonio

On Mon, 13 Jul 1998 23:30:57 -0400 Jon Steiger <stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu>
writes:
>At 10:12 PM 7/13/98 -0500, you wrote:
>>Jon Steiger wrote:
>[...]
>with
>>them, but get them Jet Hot coated. Any comments?
>>

> What's this Jet Hot coating? Is that like a ceramic coating? Any
>idea about what it would cost to get 'em coated?
>
> If I get the Summit headers, I was planning on coating them with
>that "spray paint" type ceramic coating that Summit sells, but that
>wouldn't be as good as a real coating of course. Does this Jet Hot
>coat the insides too?
>

> -Jon-

> | Affiliations: DoD, EAA, MP Race Team, NMA, SPA, USUA. RP-SEL |
> | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT CC (14.98@90.18), '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |
> `----------------------- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ---'

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]