Re: "ticking" question

From: rti1pmp@ismd.ups.com
Date: Tue Jul 14 1998 - 11:04:09 EDT

Got a neighbor w/a '94 sport-V6 Magnum,he had his hood up last night
so I stopped & axed him how the 6pack was running.He has what sounds
like
     a lifter tick of sorts.Told me he took off his valve cover on the
     driver side & it stopped but put it back on & started again.

     Might be "injector chatter" and it could very well be transmitted
     through the valve cover. Place a stethascope on them to try and
     pinpoint the noise. Use a piece of heater hose up to one ear and down
     over certain spots of the engine. I'm reasonable sure you will find
     that the injectors are making the ticking sound. They are known to be
     noisy and the sound will transmit through all kinds of stuff like
     exhaust manifolds and pipes/ TB etc ...

     My .02,

     Later on,

     Matt