Re: Cool Can

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Tue Jul 14 1998 - 15:23:16 EDT

<< Has anyone tried or even considered a cool can for the fuel line? David
 and I
  were discussing it at Milan a while back, I just cant seem to get it out of
 my
  mind!! >>

I think from what I have read is that you need to cool the air more than the
fuel. They used cool cans on carb or TBI injection where the fuel and air were
mixed at Carb or TBI to cool the air as it mixed? Where as ours are Multi port
and inject at the head port and probably would not do as much as the carb or
TBI type. I read a article in a High Tech Performance mag a long time ago
which stated that the dry intake type MPI engines can gain a ton by getting
cool air into them but didn't say anything about the fuel. It may help some
little bit but not as much as it did with the carbs and TBI.

My 2 cents
Bill