Re:180 thermostat

From: droopie (droopie@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue Jul 14 1998 - 21:22:54 EDT

<Michael Reynolds said:

From: Michael & Jeannine Reynolds <jeanninemike@fuse.net>
Subject: DML: RE: JBA header purchase/Mobile 1

I will talk to wife when she gets home, but I too would like to be in on
the
JBA header purchase. My exhaust manifold bolts are loose anyway, so the

headers just ought to "drop in"! (ha, ha). I just changed my oil for
the
2nd time at 3954 miles. The owners manual said that the oil capacity
was
4.5 qts without an oil filter. So, I figured with the filter taking up
about 1/2 qt. of oil I would be O.K. with adding 5 qts. Well, after
starting up the engine and letting the oil filter fill up, I am about
1/4
qt. over filled. Is this a problem? If so, what problems does an oil
overfill cause? Thanks for your help, everyone. I just recommended the

digest to a friend at work who has a '97 Dakota 4X4 CC. He should be on
the
list soon! Later...

Michael Reynolds
'98 Dakota 4X4 CC 5.2L
K&N filter, 180 t-stat, Flame Red

>Hey Michael,

I have a '98 Black Sport 4x4. How's the 180 degree thermostat working
out? I
have emailed Howell Automotive and they carry the JET Performance
Computers.
The Stage 1 is $209 and the Stage 2 is $219, but you need a 180 degree
'stat. Just wondering if you have noticed any difference in your truck
with it.

The URL for anyone interested in Howell is
http://www.howellautomotive.com.

--
Drew Schofield
1998 Sport 4x4 5.2 CC Black