Re: re:Mobil 1

From: Boog318@aol.com
Date: Tue Jul 14 1998 - 22:59:35 EDT

THe previous owner of my dak said that Mobil 1 was all he used. It leaks
somewhere on the rear of the engine, whether its the rear main, the rear of
the intake or a little from the dist. grommet, it doesent do it that much. At
least it dosent leave any thing on the driveway, but its all over the bell
housing. Been using Castrol Syntech 20w 50 since I have had it (7k and two
changes) and its not so bad anymore. There are many other factors too. Only
60k and its a 92, this means it sat alot when he had it. So maybe my seals
were just dry. I've also heard that there were probs with the seals in the
early magnum engines. All I know is the dealer will fix before 70k.
BOOG