Re: Throttle body coating???

From: Jules Glogovcsan (jghunter@nol.com)
Date: Tue Jul 14 1998 - 22:06:29 EDT

----------
> From: Jon Steiger <stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu>
> To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> Subject: Re: DML: Throttle body coating???
> Date: Friday, July 10, 1998 4:56 PM
>
> On Fri, 10 Jul 1998 Rekker21@aol.com wrote:
.> I've got some set screws in mine right now, and while they hold the
> butterflies in place without being in the airstream, they don't "crimp
> down" on the shaft so the air isn't as clean as it could be.

better hope they don't drop the parts into the cumbustion champer...(

 And of
> course, there are holes where the heads went before. I've been trying
> to get some of the original screws (I'll screw 'em in so it compresses
> the shaft, and then grind off the excess that sticks out the other side)
> but unfortunately, they aren't a "serviceable part" so the Dodge Dealers
> don't have 'em! Koller couldn't get 'em either. :-P I didn't want to
> have to use hardware store stuff because the head on the originals fit
> so well, but I guess I'm going to have to.
>
> (I can't use my originals because I stripped one of 'em) :-(

"...oh, they said!... its just SO easy...."

> Also, I'm looking for low profile bolts myself. I'm thinking
> maybe an allen-head bolt?

a 3/8X16 maybe...

 (Sort of like a carridge bolt head, but
> you tighten it down with an allen wrench). Probably would be easier
> than countersinking, and it wouldn't weaken up the holes in the TB
> at all. (Doesn't look like there's a whole lot of thickness for
> countersinking on a couple of those TB holes.)

REAL easy to loose all shaft fastener integrity here, folks...

jules/mpi