Re: JBA header info

From: Rader (rlr@rtp-bosch.com)
Date: Wed Jul 15 1998 - 09:18:35 EDT

Jon Steiger wrote:

> Also, I noticed that their warrantee is null and void if you race,
> have nitrous oxide, or a whole list of other things. Strange.

  Well, I think they're just covering their asses. They get the extra
buzz by offering a "lifetime warranty," and then add plenty of caveats
to get out of the vast majority of header failures. Trucks tend to
work harder than autos, so this sort of makes sense. I'm not saying
I like it or agree with it, but I do understand.

> So anyway, I was thinkin' about getting in on that deal, but after
> checking out their site I'm not so sure now.

  The current street price is still roughly $379, so at the moment this
remains a fantastic deal. Now, I suspect JBA is ready to drop their
prices and this is their way to prime the pump to see what the interest
remains. Trust me, Jeff isn't doing anything without his employer's
full knowledge. The distributors supporting the $379 street price would
definitely go ape shit if they heard about this, but I really doubt we're
getting _that_ much special treatment. Probably just an early break.

  I am really getting concerned about the Y-pipe, though, and am thinking
hard about whether or not to get the Doug Thorley kit or the JBA shorties.

  Ron