Re: JBA header info

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Wed Jul 15 1998 - 18:38:02 EDT

<< Yep, I was checkin' that out last night. I was pretty dissapointed;
 I wonder why JBA took that tack? Automotive headers have a lifetime
 warrantee, but the truck headers are only covered for 100% for a
 couple of years, and every couple of years, the percentage goes down
 and down until it ends up at about 23% or so after 6 years. Just
 because its going to be on a truck? What gives? They call it a
 "lifetime warrantee" and I guess it is, but its got a 70% deductible.

   Also, I noticed that their warrantee is null and void if you race,
 have nitrous oxide, or a whole list of other things. Strange. Do
 they expect their headers to not be able to withstand the additional
 stress of racing? Why else would we want 'em? :-) >>

What is the warrantee on the Summits ? I like the stainless thing which would
have to last better than non stainless and I would imagine the bigest problem
with trucks is that they are thinking 4 X 4 and off road racing. I hat to look
at them rusty things under the hood. And by the time you get thesummits and
have them coated you'd have more in them. I'm still leanin toward the JBA's

Bill