Re: JBA Header Deal Complaint (sorta')

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Thu Jul 16 1998 - 23:57:41 EDT

fawcett@uism.bu.edu wrote:

> 2. Will this make the truck noisy/loud like a race machine? Will it
> change it at all? I'm all for more HP/torque but I'm not trying to
> build a race machine... I'm more into the 4 wheeling stuff.

I can't speak for the shorties, by my Tri-Y Thorley's actually quieted
my exhaust down. The sound became more smooth and a deeper tone. Now
at say... 4700rpm it kinda sounds like a race car. Kinda. It sounds
good but still not overly loud. At lower rpms there shouldn't be much of
a difference, and I would say if any of you run these with the stock
muffler system <gasp! what a crime> you will probably not notice much
difference in the sound of things.

--
---Mike, near Houston.---
 My sig file=====> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/signature.txt