new R/T probs

From: O26ON4@aol.com
Date: Fri Jul 17 1998 - 09:01:16 EDT

Went to get my R/T yesterday and while idling, as the salesman explained the
various controls, the ABS lite came on, then the check gages lite, at which
time I noticed the oil gage was on 0 psi. We shut off the engine, checked that
the oil was OK, cranked it back up and then all the gages read 0 and the tach
would fluctuate from idle to 0 rpm. Turned it off, checked the gage cluster
fuse - no problem, started the R/T again and this time all the gages and the
tach were fluctuating and then all went to 0 - I'm beginning to think this is
all a bad dream, so I leave the truck and get to drive home some underpowered
( read no power- period) rent car, major bummer. Needless to say, the 65 mile
drive home was not a pleasant one. Called the service dept. this a.m. and was
told they couldn't duplicate the problem and I told them the occurence took
place while idling so the engine temp was a little below 210, so they're
letting it idle up to temp in hopes the problem will present itself again.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks,
Steve Waller
Hou,TX