Re: Trade-in vs. Private selling

From: Jason Muffenbier (Jpm699@email.msn.com)
Date: Fri Jul 17 1998 - 12:54:36 EDT

I would sell the truck yourself, you'll most likely get more money for it
that way. Just let the person who's going to buy your truck know you won't
actually be able to give it to them for a little while. When I ordered my
truck this year they also told me that it would be 8 weeks. After 3 I
called them back with some questions and they said, oh by the way, your
truck will be here in a few days. It's not easy to sell a car in just a few
days!!! Well whatever you do good luck!!!

Jason

>Hello, I have a question for all of you, I am thinking of getting a '99 R/T
and have a '97 Dakota, it's 4x4 V-8 cc Sport+ w/ all the options. I used the
Kelly Blue book to find its value and it came up to 23,970. Then the
trade-in value came to only 18,875. Thats a big difference. I don't know if
I should sell it or trade it, I only owe 3,000. I think it would be hard to
sell at the right time becouse I have to order the R/T and it takes 8 weeks.
I would have nothing to drive. What should I do?