R/T Down-pipes

From: RAS002@worldnet.att.net
Date: Fri Jul 17 1998 - 19:59:29 EDT

>DMLers, sean,
>The R/T (well most anyway) has 2 down pipes and no Y pipe. The Ying happens
>inside the catalytic converter. Kinda interesting. Unfortunatly us R/T
>owners are limited to final headpipe dia. due to the cat inlet. I think
>that there are some decent hp gains by replacing these since they are not
>mandrel bent and have many necked down sections...
>Bruce K Bridges

  Hello DAKsters (& Bruce)

  My R/T has a one-piece "Y" pipe that y's together just ahead of the
single inlet Cat. It does, however, have an O2 sensor in each leg of
the pipe. I hate being in "limbo" here, as this isn't R/T stuff, nor is
it the "standard" Dakota exhaust.

 I did call Jeff Bell today and ordered the coated headers... He said 4
- 6 weeks on the Y-pipe, I just don't know if they'll fit.

                Later,

                        Russ Selkirk

--
'96 Black Impala SS