Re: Vortech Supercharger - Dragstrip results

From: Daniel Colucci (djcolucci@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sat Jul 18 1998 - 14:01:37 EDT

Patrick,

What size pulley did you get to make the extra boost. I will probably
installing my Vortech next week when we get done with summer baseball. I
will then have plenty of time on my hands to complete the task. I will
also install the M1 at that time and tell you how everything went.

Dan

98 R/T cc

----------
> From: Kabuki2@aol.com
> To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> Cc: Sean_Meldrum@ittauto.com; Mike.Adair@fmr.com
> Subject: DML: Vortech Supercharger - Dragstrip results
> Date: Saturday, July 18, 1998 10:07 AM
>
> Got to do some testing last night at the track.
>
> The conditions, couldn't have been any worse, with my truck previous best
> being in the 15.3 range and just barely squeeking by @ 90 mph on a 70
degree
> night with fairly low humidity.. there's a lot to be improved on.
>
> I got to the track last night and all I could say was yuck, I knew
something
> was wrong because a 6 spd drag radial equipped LT1 F-bod was only able to
> click off a 14.1 and I've seen the car in the mid-low 13s before....
temps
> were in the mid 80s at night with a very, very high humidity.
>
> so I pull up to the staging lanes and find the dragstrip to be packed, no
> pulling up and running... so then I had to sit and let my truck reach
meltdown
> temps before being able to race... not my day.
>
> I pull up to the line for my first pass with the boost retard on 1... I
pull a
> 2.3 60', a 9.3 1/8th mile @ 78 mph, and a 14.5 1/4 mile @ 98 mph, which
was
> good enough for me to beat my friends 91 Mustang GT. He usually runs a
> 14.2-14.4 on a good night.. tonight? 14.8... lol
>
> I only got to make 3 pass', one was with the boost retard on 2 just to
see
> what'd happen.. ended up doing a 14.7 @ 96 or some awful number
>
> last pass, boost retard again on 1, I'm racing a nice sounding LT1
Camaro.

> Start was better, a 2.2 60' time.. 1/8th mile was 9.3 @ 77 mph, and the
Camaro