Re: Dragstrip result, R/T

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Sun Jul 19 1998 - 01:18:50 EDT

At 12:42 AM 7/19/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Forgive me, DML, its been 4 years since the last time I want drag racing.

 Heh heh heh! :-)

>A few observations before I get into the racing: They've added a new class
>to the schedule. In addition to 4-wheel street, 4-wheel race and 2-wheel
>motorcylce, (and also all the crazy divisions like comp eliminator and top
>fuel, etc) they added TRACKED VEHICALS. There were a few guys out there
>today racing ski mobiles. They had put wheels on their front skids and
>coated their tracks with rubber. These guys were really fast (11 second
>ETs), but still.... Ski mobiles? Sheesh!

   Sure; if its got an engine, race it! :-) There's usually at least 3
or 4 snowmobiles up at NYIRP. Heck, last week we even had a motor home
running in the truck division! :-) (He was running 20's; not to shabby
for a motor home, if I say so myself.) Since there was only one
mod stock box car this week, the guy who runs the track had him run
against the motorhome during bracket racing. Pretty funny to see
a camper staged against a 9 second Camaro SS. :-) (A few weeks ago
the same thing happened and they staged an Izuzu Pup against an 8
second Lumina.)

                                               -Jon-

  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT CC (14.98@90.18), '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |