Re: R/T header availability

From: Vincent Heckathorn (victorylane@iwaynet.net)
Date: Sun Jul 19 1998 - 02:06:29 EDT

--------------CC15944D7D61053966C23DC5

Seth;
Here what's in my owners warranty manual for my 98 cc 5.2 sport
page 16. WHAT'S NOT COVERED 3.1 Modifications not covered:
A. Some modifications don't void the warranties but aren't covered

Certain changes that you might make to your vehicle do not, by themselves, void
the warranties described in this booklet. Examples:
installing non-chrysler parts, components, or equipment (such as non-mopar radio
or speed control); and using non- chrysler materials or additives.
But your warranties don't cover any part that Chrysler didn't supply or is not
certified for use on your vehicle.
Examples:
installing accessories- except for genuine mopar accessories installed by an
authorized chrysler dealer.
Applying rust proofing or other protection products; or using any refrigerant that
chrysler has not approved.

B. Modification that will void your warranties

These actions will void your warranties:
* disconnecting, tampering with, or altering the odometer
* attaching any device that disconnects the odometer
Looks like to me that we can do just about any thing that we want, just don't
screw with the odometer. But I am sure that if a problem come up that is caused by
something that has been put on ( maybe a bearing goes out of the rear end and you
have a set of traction bars bolted on ) they may not cover that. But hell just
take them off before going to the dealer. Same as with the TB, air cleaner etc..
just bolt a stock one back on and save your self a lot of hassle

Hope this helps
Colin H.

Seth Bradley wrote:

> Does anyone happen to know if installing headers (Mopar or not) voids the
> warranty?
> How can you get a list of "legal" and "illegal" mods?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Seth Bradley
>
> > Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 08:25:59 -0700
> > From: Bruce Bridges <bbridges@alarismed.com>
> > Subject: DML: R/T header availability
> >
> > R/T owners (except those of you with nasty attitudes towards other Mopars),
> > Just called JBA (local SanDiego tuners/exhaust mfgs) and YES, they do have a
> > set of Headers for the 98 R/T. There blurb is as follows (sorry about the
> > length):
> > "offer a direct bolt in stainless steel header that requires NO
> > welding, cutting or bending to make them fit. The kit will come complete
> > with mounting hardware, new header bolts, instructions and high tech
> > gaskets. The header is good for at least 17-22 h.p. and 20-25 ft/lbs of
> > torque. This header is one of the easier ones to install you are looking
> > at @2-4 hours tops. The header is constructed out of .409 stainless
> > steel and has a 3/8" thick laser cut mounting flange which is completely
> > surface ground to avoid leaks. All JBA headers are 100% pressure tested
> > against leaks before they leave the factory so you cna be confident
> > about,fitment, power and longecity with a set of JBA headers. The list
> > price on the header kit is 499.00 but we can sell them for 449.00. If we
> > can answer anymore questions or if you would like to talk to a local
> > dealer please let us know. I would like to thank you for your time and
> > interest in the JBA line of headers.
> > Kindest Regards,
> > Jeff J. Bell
> > 800-830-3377x105"
> > Im looking to install a set of these hopefully next week IF I can resolve my
> > bogus catalytic converter problem with Dodge. Im really pissed off about
> > having the wrong exhaust on my truck...Maybe its a collectors item (dust
> > collector when I get through...)
> > BKB

--------------CC15944D7D61053966C23DC5

<HTML>
Seth;
Here what's in my owners warranty manual for my 98 cc 5.2 sport
page 16. <B>WHAT'S NOT COVERED</B> 3.1 Modifications not covered:
<B>A<U>. Some modifications don't void the warranties but aren't covered</U></B><B></B>

Certain changes that you might make to your vehicle do not, by themselves,
void the warranties described in this booklet. Examples:
installing non-chrysler parts, components, or equipment (such as non-mopar
radio or speed control); and using non- chrysler materials or additives.
But your warranties don't cover any part that Chrysler didn't supply
or is not certified for use on your vehicle.
Examples:
installing accessories- except for genuine mopar accessories installed
by an authorized chrysler dealer.
Applying rust proofing or other protection products; or using any refrigerant
that chrysler has not approved.

<B><U>B. Modification that will void your warranties</U></B>

These actions will void your warranties:
* disconnecting, tampering with, or altering the odometer
* attaching any device that disconnects the odometer
Looks like to me that we can do just about any thing that we want,
just don't screw with the odometer. But I am sure that if a problem come
up that is caused by something that has been put on ( maybe a bearing goes
out of the rear end and you have a set of traction bars bolted on ) they
may not cover that. But hell just take them off before going to the dealer.
Same as with the TB, air cleaner etc.. just bolt a stock one back on and
save your self a lot of hassle

Hope this helps
Colin H.

<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>Does anyone happen to know if installing headers

 </HTML>

--------------CC15944D7D61053966C23DC5--