Subject: Re: Headers

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Sun Jul 19 1998 - 10:53:04 EDT

     I'll be slapping down my plastic Monday morning for the coated
     variety!

>>To respond to your question: If you're not looking for *maximum*
     performance (rather just better performance) I'd say jump on the
     shorty header deal NOW. The shorties WILL give you an increase in
     performance, and the installation is a snap. From what I've read here,
     the shorties will give you like 20 more horsepower. Race style headers
     will give you maybe 5 more horsepower (like 25 horsepower total), but
     installion of shorties is *so* much easier. For your intended usage
     you really should jump in on this shorty header deal (IMHO).<<

     COOL! For only $25 I gotta' try this. I got some neat tips for the
     novice from Sean Meldrum so hopefully I'll stay out of too much
     trouble. Are they open every Saturday for street rigs?

     T.

>>If all you're looking for is fun, you'll love testing at NE Dragway.
     I went there just today, and I had really horrible results (see my
     related post). Even so, I had a ton of fun, and that's what it is
     really all about. It costs $10 to get in, then another $15 to race.
     For a newish, mostly unmodified truck, you won't have any problems
     getting through tech inspection. Mainly, they look for an overflow can
     (your plastic overflow jug meets this criteria) and they look for
     hubcaps. If you have hubcaps, they'll just ask that you remove them.
     You shouldn't need a helmet, but I recommend it (can't be too safe).
     Most importantly, have fun!<<