Re: ongoing paint problem

From: TXSTIM@aol.com
Date: Sun Jul 19 1998 - 17:44:58 EDT

A few years ago I ordered a '94. When it finally came in, I was very
disappointed with the paint. The orange peel was terrible. I got the dealer
to agree to have a 3rd party body shop that I had dealt with before take care
of the problem. The body shop gave me 2 choices: 1) Sand and repaint the
whole truck; or 2) Let them have it for a couple days to see if they could
buff it out. Well, I chose option 2 on the advice of the shop. After the
buff job, the paint was a little thin in places, but it looked great. And,
still does 4 years later.

It's a little late for a buff job on yours, but I'd make sure they take the
paint and primer off all the way down to the metal, before respraying.