160 or 180 thermostat?

From: Gary Ludwick (gludwick@csi.com)
Date: Mon Jul 20 1998 - 17:57:44 EDT

I am wondering which one should I go with ?

What are the advantages of using the 160 over the 180 if any ?

how low is "too" low ?

I know that I read on the list somewhere that someone found that the
optimal running temp is like 182 or 183 degrees , but would the 160 hurt it
?

Is there any measureable difference between them ?

P.S.- For those of you that still think that you shouldn't use a lower stat
like I used to , on that show "Motortrend Trucks!" the other day , they
changed the factory stat to a cooler running one in an Impala SS they had
installed headers , exhaust and pulleys on . They said it was to greatly
reduce spark-knocking or pinging . <<

You answered your own question, Jack. If you've got pinging problems, try
it. If not, why fix somethin' that ain't broke!?

Gary

The Internet - Living proof that 10,000 monkeys in a room with 10,000
typewriters will NOT
eventually duplicate the works of Shakespeare!