Re: K&N counterpoint

From: Bruce Bridges (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Tue Jul 21 1998 - 18:59:06 EDT

Eric,
 Holy cylinder scuffing batman!
does your Dak see mine service? hauling lots of coal these days? dipping
into the gravel pit for a few yards lately? If not, your probably doing
AOK! For your purposes (if I read your "dak Intent" correctly), K&N will
make the HP you need. For street service, I guess Im not worrying, and my
K&N breathing Interceptor motor is kinda near and dear to me. I could be
full of *&% but Im not gonna freak out. Paper elements are iffy in that
they are not certified for filtration effficiency, are probably made in
china out of recycled chop stick wrappers and are certainly not screened for
pressure drop! All in all, IMHO
K&N should be great for the strip and the street, just maybe not so good for
the salt mine...
Bruce