RE: 99 Dakota R/T

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Wed Jul 22 1998 - 17:26:56 EDT

At 03:50 PM 7/21/98 , you wrote:

> Dodge is going in the same direction as everyone else; higher tech
>and lower displacement. How original. Granted, the cause of all of this
>is the EPA and govt pressure, but it still frustrates me. :-P

Now let me get this straight. The only reason we have higher tech engines
that are smaller lighter but with more power and better fuel economy is
because of the government and the EPA?? (I'll bet the Japanese will be
surprised to hear about that.) Damn that Chrysler Corp. for going along
with that high tech fad. Give me a flathead straight-six with a single
venturi downdraft carb any day. All this high tech stuff kinda takes the
excitement out of wondering if your truck will start every morning.

Mike (Removing tongue from cheek) Crumley

--
Mike Crumley  mcrumley@airmail.net
97 Dakota  Regular Cab  Short Bed