Re: Got the No-Dak Blues!

From: Chris Hindy (chindy@idirect.com)
Date: Wed Jul 22 1998 - 18:55:06 EDT

At 08:35 AM 7/22/98 -0500, you wrote:
>>>Chris Hindy wrote:
>>>
>>>[my Dak is cursed, the wife won't drive, we may have
>>> to sell it :-(]
>>
>>Heyya Chris,
>>
>> Sorry to hear about your tough luck with the Dak. My
>>wife has similar trouble with driving ours. Solution?
>>The wife does not drive the Dak. Ever. The VW is hers,
>>the Dak is mine, life is good :-). Other than selling,
>>that's the only solution I can come up with. That, and
>>defensive driving school for the wife ;-).
>
>Sounds good, John. :-) I was about to suggest something
>similar. A defensive driving class would help (especially if
>she's never been to one before) (should lower your insurance
>premiums too). In addition to a defensive driving class,
>something that would be even better is an actual driving school.
>Somthing along the lines of Skip Barber, etc. (though you might
>be able to find something a little less expensive locally) There's
>no substitute for actually doing stuff like correcting a skid, max
>performance stops, etc. The talk in the defensive driving class
>helps, but doesn't drive the point home or sharpen the skills like
>actual experience.

We're planning to do this . . . I've already done 'Skid School' and a
performance driving course, but Kirsten has never had the opportunity.
She's only done the standard drivers ed course, and we all know how much
they're worth, right? Needless to say advanced training just moved from the
'optional' to the 'required' category!

Dak's still in the shop with about $3900 im damage. Hope to have her (yes,
definitely a her) back soon.

As for those who have inquired, we see no unearthly glow, nor any evidence
of odd behaviour when not attended. Perhaps we need to call in Scully and
Mulder for a closer exam? ;-)

Thanks for all your kind words.

cheers
-ch