Re: J.E.T. computer enhancement

From: Kabuki2@aol.com
Date: Thu Jul 23 1998 - 00:06:58 EDT

<< First, the Mopar cam works with the MP computer. I would think this one
 would lope nicely. The cam in my Volare 318 is close to the same size and
 sounds lumpy at idle. >>

Well, considering there is no computer out for the 97+ vehicles, that doesn't
help much here.. (I forgot what year this vehicle is we're talking about.) I
know my OBD II equipped truck will trigger a check engine light if left idle
for long periods of time, as would my friend's 5.2.... Maybe the MP computer
ignores the misfires?

I've heard two trucks with the MP Grind installed, one was on a 318 Dakota,
the other was on a Blown 360 Ram.

The 318 Dakota had no lope, except maybe a hint of a lope when it was cold..
sounded more like an off misfire tho.

The 360 Ram had no change in idle, I couldn't tell it was there.

<< All I seem to
remember is that you have a big-ass cam in yours (.500 lift, or so). Would
it work in a 5.2? >>

I don't really have a big cam if you compare it to what you'll find on a
carb'd engine, but, it is alittle more on the radical side in a computer
controlled vehicle. The lift really doesn't affect the idle quality like the
duration does, isn't the Mopar grind about .460"ish with 1.6 rockers? with
1.7s that'd put it near the .490" range, and I know that will work in a Mag
5.2 w/ no piston modification.. I don't know how well the 5.2 would go with
the cam I run in my 360.. I think it'd be alittle too radical in the smaller
motor.

ttyl
patrick