Re: SC on R/T

From: Donny M Hayes (hayesdm@scott.net)
Date: Thu Jul 23 1998 - 15:31:10 EDT

I think I know the answer to this one. In the late sixties/early seventies,
HP was reported GROSS terms (unsure what that means, but it generally meant
it was much more than the actual usable HP) Then what you are thinking
about is when they began reporting NET HP. Again unsure what the
differences are, but it is a lower number than the GROSS amount. No manuf.
I know of has begun reporting actual at the wheel HP yet, it is all still
flywheel HP.

All the above could be rubbish, but I think it is generally right. I am
sure someone on the list has a better and more detailed answer though.

Donny M Hayes