re:oil change

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Thu Jul 23 1998 - 09:09:45 EDT

I found a neat little trick of my own last time I changed the oil. Don't
start the engine before you do it. What I mean is, wait until the weekend,
and change the oil and filter first thing in the morning. Make sure you park
in a way you can get at everything without having to move the truck in the
morning. Last time I did that, most of the oil in the engine had settled
into the pan, including the oil that normally flows out of the filter. I did
not spill a drop from the filter when I removed it. Very clean job. The only
oil on my hands was from the plug. BTW 2900 miles and black as could be.

John
98 Dak CC 4X4 Sport, 5.2L, Auto, 3.92LSD, T&H Package, Power Everything,
Nerf Bars, Billet Grill, Rhino Liner, Snug Lid, home brew FIPK 2, DDBC