Re: DML:Oil change frequency was:More Comment on K&N Filters

From: Bob Mankin (bob@cadpros.com)
Date: Thu Jul 23 1998 - 21:36:47 EDT

Gary E. Klim wrote:

> The only restriction at my local recycling center is to not spend so much
> time dumping your oil that the guy behind you in line starts to go postal...

If memory serves, here in Calif. places with waste oil tanks are
required by law to take
your used motor oil. An environmental reg I believe. I'm guessing the
intention is to
make it easy to recycle and hopefully discourage anyone from the old
dump down the drain move.

On a related note, I spoke with the folks at JBA today about an
estimated delivery date. He said
it would depend on where they sent the headers to be coated. While most
will go to OKC, they also
have a source for coatings here in CA. They don't use them as often
because they require 10 sets
at a time to be done. Also, because it's CA and we have all these
wonderful environmental regs that
are much tighter than elsewhere in the country, there is a stripping fee
associated with the CA coater
that they don't have to deal with if they send them to OKC. Our Calif.
enviro laws strike again! I see some
of this same stuff in the printed circuit board design
business(historically a "dirty" industry). Don't get
me wrong, I'm all for keeping the environment clean, but the laws here
can be excessive. Why do you think
"49 states legal" excludes only us ;)

John at JBA did say that they plan to ship 10 sets to their CA coater
next Thursday and that will cut
down delivery time for those of us in the western side of the country
who have ordered. No worries, the coating is the same as what would come
from Airborn in OKC.

Bob