Re: A/C, Not too cool

From: W . Jack Hilton III (hemi@mindspring.com)
Date: Fri Jul 24 1998 - 07:20:13 EDT

At 06:41 AM 7/24/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have a 98 CC with the 5.2l and the A/C is not very impressive. I hear
>mention of some of you lovin' your A/C, even in Texas with the 100+ heat
wave.
>Mine is hard to love in the high 80's. Do the 98's have wimpy air
>conditioners, or is mine an under achiever?
>
>I would like to do a quantatative test on the unit before I complain about
it to
>the dealer. Is there any other test besides measuring the discharge
temperature
>from the ducts? What should this temperature be on a healthy A/C?
I have a 98 R/T and she is Black . In te blazing GA heat , I thought mine
was broke too , but the dealer tested it and said that the temp was
30something coming out of the vents .

I think mine is just because of the darker color of the truck sitting in a
parking lot .
W . Jack Hilton III

HEMI@mindspring.com